You can now play Barcode Scanner+ (Plus) for PC on a desktop/laptop running Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and MacOS/OS X. This can easily be done with the help of BlueStacks or Andy OS Android emulator.
Note: This application will become free / open source on Nov 10 2017 to commemorate the project's 10th anniversary.
Barcode Scanner+, from Sean Owen of ZXing Team, uses the camera on your device to read barcodes of all kinds. After scanning barcodes you find on products, for example, you can discover prices and reviews for it. Or, when scanning newer two-dimensional barcodes, like QR Codes, you can access contact information, bookmarks, web site links and more inside.
Barcode Scanner+ is an enhanced version of the popular, free Barcode Scanner application, which is a product of the ZXing open-source barcode scanning library from Google. Barcode Scanner+ is based on the same code, and has been developed by one of the two primary authors of the original Barcode Scanner, Sean Owen.
As of 2015, 100% of revenue (after Google Play fees) goes to benefit an environmental cause like the World Wildlife Fund or the Rainforest Alliance. $10,120 has been donated from January 2015 to Dec 2016.
Barcode Scanner+ includes all of Barcode Scanner's functionality, and is intended as a drop-in replacement for Barcode Scanner. It adds several enhancements:
Better barcode scanning
– New image processing algorithm for detection of 1D barcode formats, including UPC and EAN product codes
– Uses both cores of dual-core processors
– Optionally, scan for Aztec and PDF417 barcodes (note: PDF417 support is 'alpha' quality)
– Rewritten to take advantage of Java 6, Android 2.2+ APIs, and latest Android SDK features
Refined user interface
– Now scan in tall "portrait" orientation, in addition to "landscape" orientation
– More intuitive pattern-based scanning guide
– Streamlined and improved user interface elements
– Android 4 and tablet device support
– Expanded Help screens
– Decode a barcode from an image file
– Option to scan light-on-dark barcodes
– Activate device's LED light to scan in low light
– Basic support for scanning NFC tags
– Amazon product information
Also available in "simple" version, without functionality that requires special permission. See "Barcode Scanner+ Simple".
Purchasing this application also supports development of the ZXing open-source barcode scanning library.
Barcode Scanner+ does not collect, store or transmit information about its users, nor usage of the application. The application accesses personal information such as contacts and bookmarks only in order to implement application functionality, such as sharing contacts and bookmarks by QR Codes on screen.
(aka Barcode Scanner Plus)
How to download and run Barcode Scanner+ (Plus) on your PC and Mac
Barcode Scanner+ (Plus) For PC can be easily installed and used on a desktop computer or laptop running Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and a Macbook, iMac running Mac OS X. This will be done using an Android emulator. To install Barcode Scanner+ (Plus) For PC, we will use BlueStacks app player. The method listed below is set to help you get Barcode Scanner+ (Plus) For PC. Go ahead and get it done now.
Download Links For Barcode Scanner+ (Plus):
Step to Step Guide / Barcode Scanner+ (Plus) For PC:
- As you have Downloaded and Installed Bluestacks Emulator, from Links which are provided above.
- Now, After the installation, configure it and add your Google account.
- Once everything is done, just open the Market in Play Store and Search for the ‘Barcode Scanner+ (Plus)’.
- Tap the first result and tap install.
- Once the installation is over, Tap the App icon in Menu to start playing.
- That’s all Enjoy!
Also Read: LinkedIn For PC / Windows 7/8/10 / Mac – Free Download
That would be all from our side. In case you have got any queries or you have any issue following the guide, do let me know by leaving your thoughts in the comments section below.