You can now play Play Cardboard apps on Gear VR for PC on a desktop/laptop running Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and MacOS/OS X. This can easily be done with the help of BlueStacks or Andy OS Android emulator.
Only for Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+, S7, S7 Edge, S8, S8+ and Galaxy Note 4, Note 5 with Samsung Gear VR headset – WITHOUT ROOT
This app uses the Device Administrator permission.
► If your ringing, vibration or alarm not work well after using this app, Switch to Gear VR mode and Restart your phone
☆ If you have a Samsung Gear VR headset, you might have noticed that the App store that comes with it has nice high-end games and applications. But not very many, and the prices are high compared to other mobile apps. Meanwhile, there are other a thousand apps and games for Google Cardboard.
☆ For Gear VR lovers, you can now use your Gear VR headset with Cardboard apps and games without launching the default Gear VR app. As a result, the Oculus Home app will not be auto-launched until you enable them again.
If you can not active the SDK license, setup following this instruction below (complicated):
1. Support Android 5.0+ only and make sure you know how to use adb clearly.
2. Go to [Settings], go [Accounts], then remove All Accounts
3. Enable Android Debugging mode of your phone
4. Run command "adb shell dpm set-device-owner com.kunkunsoft.cardboardappforgearvr/.receiver.DPMReceiver" on your computer terminal
5. Reboot your phone, now you can add your accounts back and enjoy this app
(For Detail Instruction: https://kunkunsoft.wordpress.com/setup_device_owner_3)
✔ Play Cardboard apps on Gear VR is simple app, help you run any Cardboard apps and games on Samsung Gear VR by a simple click WITHOUT ROOT
✔ Home Screen Widget quickly to enable/disable Gear VR or Cardboard mode
✔ Advanced Mode to improve Motion Blur by enabling [Gear VR Developer Mode]
✔ Key Disabler Mode feature help you temporarily disable any hardware button you want (support for Galaxy S7 Edge and some Samsung devices)
✔ Calibrate Cardboard apps Viewer – calibrate cardboard apps viewer (Screen to lens distance, Inter-lens distance, Distortion coefficients…etc) to work well with Samsung Gear VR with most comfortable VR experience.
✔ Run Youtube VR app on Samsung Gear VR
✔ Disable Oculus Home app from auto-loading
– This application requires Device Administrator permission [android.permission.BIND_DEVICE_ADMIN] to work. If you want to remove it, Go Setting -> Security -> deactivate Device Administrator permission of this app
How to use:
– Run this application, then TAP ON the IMAGE of the platform that you want to run, Cardboard app (right-side) or Gear VR app (left-side)
– In Gear VR mode (only run GearVR app), when you put your phone into the Gear VR headset, no matter what app is currently playing, it will automatic switch you into the Gear VR starting space. It's a giant living room with the app selection screen.
– In Cardboard mode (only run Cardboard app), simply load up the app like the way you normally do, then put the phone in the headset. But now, instead of it switching into Gear VR mode, the app continues to run and you can play it. You can even use the trackpad for your button.
– Advanced mode, Key Disabler and Calibrate Cardboard apps Viewer are optional.
How to add Home screen Widget:
– Go Home screen, press and hold on Home screen for 1 or 2 seconds.
– Select WIDGETS tab, find [Play Cardboard apps on Gear VR] then drag and drop widget to Home screen
How to uninstall:
– Open this app, click on Menu (on top-right corner) of app then click on Uninstall this app button to uninstall
– In other way, Go Setting -> Security -> deactivate Device Administrator permission of this app before uninstall normally
We would love to hear from our customers. If you have any problem, questions or feedback about this app please contact us at [firstname.lastname@example.org]
How to download and run Play Cardboard apps on Gear VR on your PC and Mac
Play Cardboard apps on Gear VR For PC can be easily installed and used on a desktop computer or laptop running Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and a Macbook, iMac running Mac OS X. This will be done using an Android emulator. To install Play Cardboard apps on Gear VR For PC, we will use BlueStacks app player. The method listed below is set to help you get Play Cardboard apps on Gear VR For PC. Go ahead and get it done now.
Download Links For Play Cardboard apps on Gear VR:
Step to Step Guide / Play Cardboard apps on Gear VR For PC:
- As you have Downloaded and Installed Bluestacks Emulator, from Links which are provided above.
- Now, After the installation, configure it and add your Google account.
- Once everything is done, just open the Market in Play Store and Search for the ‘Play Cardboard apps on Gear VR’.
- Tap the first result and tap install.
- Once the installation is over, Tap the App icon in Menu to start playing.
- That’s all Enjoy!
Also Read: PIP Camera – Photo Editor For PC / Windows 7/8/10 / Mac – Free Download
That would be all from our side. In case you have got any queries or you have any issue following the guide, do let me know by leaving your thoughts in the comments section below.