You can now play RF Analyzer for PC on a desktop/laptop running Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and MacOS/OS X. This can easily be done with the help of BlueStacks or Andy OS Android emulator.
Use an OTG (on-the-go) USB cable to connect your HackRF/RTL-SDR to an Android phone/tablet and this app will visualize the RF spectrum (frequency magnitude and waterfall plot)!
Browse through the frequency spectrum just by using scroll and zoom touch gestures. Additional features as of today are:
– Many settings: FFT size, averaging, peak holding, color scheme, …
– read samples from a file (generated by hackrf_transfer tool or by rtl_sdr)
– AM/FM/SSB audio demodulation
– adjust squelch and channel width
– Record to a raw IQ file compatible with hackrf_transfer, …
– rad1o support
Read the manual for more details: https://github.com/demantz/RFAnalyzer/blob/master/doc/rf_analyzer_manual.md
This app is in active development and I'm currently working on the following features:
– SDRplay support
I also try to keep the app stable and as bug-free as possible. Bug reports are always welcome and I promise to work hard to resolve every one of them! Note that there is a logging feature in the settings which helps a lot with trouble shooting any errors.
Interested in the latest updates? Join the beta program: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.mantz_it.rfanalyzer
This app uses the INTERNET permission only to connect to the local rtl_tcp instance used by the RTL2832U driver. The WRITE_EXTERNAL STORAGE permission is only used to write log files to the SD card (disabled by default).
WHAT YOU NEED:
In order to use this app you will need:
– A HackRF or an RTL-SDR dongle (this is obvious xD)
– An Android device that either supports USB OTG (please google if your device supports OTG!) or has an USB host port
– An USB OTG cable (costs about 3$) to connect the HackRF/RTL-SDR to your Android device (not needed if your device has a full size USB host port)
– Only for RTL-SDR: The free RTL2832U driver from Martin Marinov (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=marto.rtl_tcp_andro)
The HackRF/RTL-SDR is powered by the Android phone/tablet. Some phones or tablets might not deliver enough power on their USB port to power the HackRF/RTL-SDR (power issues are often caused by low quality USB cables or OTG adapters). Also notice that doing the necessary digital signal processing is very CPU intensive and though I did my best to optimize the algorithms the app still needs a decent device (I recommend 2 CPU cores or more) to run fluently. Please use the 2-hour refund period provided for every Google Play app to test functionality and refund the app if it does not work for your device!
Here is a list of already tested and working devices (may be incomplete):
– Nexus 7 2012
– Nexus 7 2013
– Nexus 5
– Moto G
– Moto G 4G
– Acer A500
– Samsung S3 LTE
– Samsung S4
– Samsung S4 LTE
– Samsung S5
– Samsung Note 3
– Samsung Galaxy Tap S 8.4 & 10.5
– HTC M7
– HTC M8
– LG G2
– LG G3
– Motorola Xoom M601
– Dragon Touch A1X
If the app is working for you and your device is not in this list, please include your phone type in a short rating
and share the good news with other users 😉
Here is a list of devices that were reported NOT to work with this app (may be incomplete):
– Sony Xperia Pro + HackRF (because USB output power is too low -.-)
– Nexus 4 (works only with Y cable and custom ROM to enable OTG support)
– Nexus 9 (Not a power issue, I am still investigating on this)
This application is released under the GNU General Public License v2. It is free software and the source code is
available on GitHub: https://github.com/demantz/RFAnalyzer
You might wonder why you have to pay for a free app: You don't have to! The APK package is also available in the
git repository and you can download and install it from there. But keep in mind: by buying the app you will get automatic updates and you will support my work!
Please note that I am not responsible for any legal issues caused by the usage of this application. Be responsible and comply with your local law!
How to download and run RF Analyzer on your PC and Mac
RF Analyzer For PC can be easily installed and used on a desktop computer or laptop running Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and a Macbook, iMac running Mac OS X. This will be done using an Android emulator. To install RF Analyzer For PC, we will use BlueStacks app player. The method listed below is set to help you get RF Analyzer For PC. Go ahead and get it done now.
Download Links For RF Analyzer:
Step to Step Guide / RF Analyzer For PC:
- As you have Downloaded and Installed Bluestacks Emulator, from Links which are provided above.
- Now, After the installation, configure it and add your Google account.
- Once everything is done, just open the Market in Play Store and Search for the ‘RF Analyzer’.
- Tap the first result and tap install.
- Once the installation is over, Tap the App icon in Menu to start playing.
- That’s all Enjoy!
Also Read: Poker Party Pro For PC / Windows 7/8/10 / Mac – Free Download
That would be all from our side. In case you have got any queries or you have any issue following the guide, do let me know by leaving your thoughts in the comments section below.