You can now play SDRWeather for PC on a desktop/laptop running Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and MacOS/OS X. This can easily be done with the help of BlueStacks or Andy OS Android emulator.
*** Please Read Description Before Purchasing! ***
This software along with a supported USB software defined radio turns your Android device to a portable weather radio.
* Listen to weather radio in the US/Canada.
* Decode EAS Alerts US/Canada
* Selectable Pre-defined Frequencies
* Alert Notifications
* Widget to display alerts
* Option to unmute audio when alert recieved
* FIPS and CLC Location Code Databases
* Event Code Database
* No internet connection required
Possible future features
* Switch to using rtl_tcp_andro
* Option to only show alerts if you are currently in the affected region
* Affected region map
Since this is open source, there is and will be no difference between the Play Store version and the version in git. Please consider the Play Store version as a way to show appreciation and to help continue its development. Information on obtaining the source and building can be found on its web site. http://sdrweather.thecongers.org
* A supported rtl_sdr device, see (http://sdr.osmocom.org/trac/wiki/rtl-sdr)
* USB OTG cable
* Android device that supports USB OTG
* root access
* Full BusyBox install
rtl_fm from rtl-sdr to demodulate and control the software defined radio.
multimonNG to decode EAS alerts
libusb used by rtl_fm
Tested on Nexus5/7 with E4000 and R820T dongles.
How to download and run SDRWeather on your PC and Mac
SDRWeather For PC can be easily installed and used on a desktop computer or laptop running Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and a Macbook, iMac running Mac OS X. This will be done using an Android emulator. To install SDRWeather For PC, we will use BlueStacks app player. The method listed below is set to help you get SDRWeather For PC. Go ahead and get it done now.
Download Links For SDRWeather:
Step to Step Guide / SDRWeather For PC:
- As you have Downloaded and Installed Bluestacks Emulator, from Links which are provided above.
- Now, After the installation, configure it and add your Google account.
- Once everything is done, just open the Market in Play Store and Search for the ‘SDRWeather’.
- Tap the first result and tap install.
- Once the installation is over, Tap the App icon in Menu to start playing.
- That’s all Enjoy!
Also Read: Wiggly racing For PC / Windows 7/8/10 / Mac – Free Download
That would be all from our side. In case you have got any queries or you have any issue following the guide, do let me know by leaving your thoughts in the comments section below.