You can now play The Seasonal Food Guide for PC on a desktop/laptop running Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and MacOS/OS X. This can easily be done with the help of BlueStacks or Andy OS Android emulator.
Find what produce is in season in your state at any time of year! With info on 140+ fruits, veggies, legumes, nuts and herbs, the Seasonal Food Guide is the most comprehensive digital almanac of seasonal local food available.
● Comprehensive data on more than 140 types of fruits, veggies, legumes, nuts and herbs.
● Search what’s in season at any time of year in each of the 50 states.
● Find out when your favorite produce is at peak freshness and tastes the best.
● Easily set shopping reminders so you’ll never forget to pick up your favorite seasonal foods at your next trip to the market.
● Never miss a seasonal food again! You can seamlessly set reminders for when your favorite foods are in season.
● Includes links to incredible recipes, fun facts and information about the environmental impact of growing each type of produce.
● Data sources: the Natural Resources Defense Council, USDA, state agriculture extension offices and state departments of agriculture.
● Seasonality data accurate to half-month increments.
● A free, food literacy resource developed by a nonprofit.
What is seasonal food?
Seasonal food is produce that is purchased and consumed around the time that it is harvested.
Why is it important to eat food that’s in season?
Studies indicate that seasonal food can be fresher, tastier and more nutritious than food consumed out of season. Seasonal fruits and vegetables produced on local farms are often fresher, as they do not require long distances for transport. Also, unlike out of season produce which is harvested early in order to be shipped and distributed to your local retail store, crops picked at their peak ripeness are full of flavor. Studies also show that fruits and vegetables may contain more nutrients when allowed to ripen naturally on their parent plant.
Why is eating local food important?
● Purchasing local food benefits the environment and helps support local farms in your community. A recent USDA study also found that direct-to-consumer producers were less likely to apply pesticides and herbicides to control weeds and insects than conventional producers (with the exception of chemicals to control insects and weeds in fruit, nut and berry crops).
● By purchasing local food, you’re supporting your community! The money you spend on products from local farmers and growers stays in the community and is reinvested with other local businesses, which generates jobs and subsequently stimulates local economies.
● Local growers can tell you how your food was grown. When you buy directly from farmers, you have the opportunity to ask what practices they use to raise and harvest the crops, enhancing consumer transparency around the steps it takes to get our food from farm to table.
The Seasonal Food Guide is a project of GRACE Communications Foundation, a nonprofit organization that develops innovative strategies to increase public awareness of the critical environmental and public health issues created by our current industrial food system, and to advocate for more sustainable alternatives.
If you have any questions about the Seasonal Food Guide or would like to make a suggestion, please contact email@example.com.
How to download and run The Seasonal Food Guide on your PC and Mac
The Seasonal Food Guide For PC can be easily installed and used on a desktop computer or laptop running Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and a Macbook, iMac running Mac OS X. This will be done using an Android emulator. To install The Seasonal Food Guide For PC, we will use BlueStacks app player. The method listed below is set to help you get The Seasonal Food Guide For PC. Go ahead and get it done now.
Download Links For The Seasonal Food Guide:
Step to Step Guide / The Seasonal Food Guide For PC:
- As you have Downloaded and Installed Bluestacks Emulator, from Links which are provided above.
- Now, After the installation, configure it and add your Google account.
- Once everything is done, just open the Market in Play Store and Search for the ‘The Seasonal Food Guide’.
- Tap the first result and tap install.
- Once the installation is over, Tap the App icon in Menu to start playing.
- That’s all Enjoy!
Also Read: Thunderstorm Weather Widget For PC / Windows 7/8/10 / Mac – Free Download
That would be all from our side. In case you have got any queries or you have any issue following the guide, do let me know by leaving your thoughts in the comments section below.